Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2009-09-14 Rigging Day!!

Monday started slowly.  The forecast said it would blow all day.  We were in Bett's for Breakfast, when we got a phone call from Andreas!  What were we doing at Breakfast, when the forecast that he and Ross read said it was blowing 30mph at the Wall, and it would shut down at 2:00pm?  They were leaving RIGHT NOW!
 
We scrambled, but had to make a trip to Sailworks first, then safeway....
Jim - stoked on his Roberts Slalom Board

 
When we arrived at the Wall, Ross had been sailing for two hours already.  4.2, glassy swells, no one else out - basically the best day ever.....  Andreas got their early too, but had to wait for Blaine to arrive with his gear - so basically just watched.  Kent and Andreas were next out and also had a great session.  Brad and Jim S also got out and caught a bit of the wind.
I rigged my 4.2, but the wind started backing off as I was walking out, so I stayed on shore - good thing.  I rigged my 4.8 and Andreas convinced me to take it out with my 76litre Acid.  Big mistake.  I slogged all the way across the river.  Andreas must have felt bad, because he sailed across and brought me my bigger board.  At least with that board, I was able to get back.
Andreas Showing off his new Kiteboard!
The wind continued to dye.  Everyone slogged back.  Jim S. was caught on the other side of the river, so walked way up wind, and then slogged back.  After watching the river for a while, I rigged my 5.6 and took out my biggest board.  With that setup, I had some good sailing. Everyone rigged at least twice and some three times.  We sailed until about 5:00.  By the end of the day, we were the only ones left at the site - but there was equipment everywhere! 

After getting back to the house and cleaned up, we went to a dinner party hosted by locals Sue and Mike P.
We had a wonderful time mixing with the locals.

Mohammad Richens with Big Jim 

Big Jim - Blasting!
Pefect temperature - warm wind....
Andreas and Ross
Mike - flying in a gust!
Kent's new move!!
Harold W - Jibe

Blaine relaxing after a hard day!

No comments:

Post a Comment