Sunday, September 13, 2009

2009-09-12 First few days - Stevenson

Welcome to the 2009 Fall Gorge Trip Blog!
Well - here we are again.  This year we have Blaine, Jim S, Jim C, Brad, Kent, Harold, Andreas, Ross Mike and Ted.  We also have a new member Harold W, who is a friend of Harold A's.
Most everyone arrived early on Friday and had 3-4 hours of sailing at Stevenson on fairly small sails.  I arrived late (3:30) and caught a 1/2 hour session on my 6.6 (big sail).  Hey - it counts as a sailing day!
Saturday, we had another easterly day (wind blowing from the east - same direction as the current).  I was on the water first (about 9:00), and sailed virtually by myself for the first hour or so.  It was lighter than Friday, but still a very good day - althought by noon it stated to get very gusty with wind from mixed directions, and various speeds.  By the end it was tough sailing for me - partly because I was getting tired, and partly because of the conditions....
No photos of sailing - Everyone was sailing on the other side of the river, and way upwind. 
Kent had a great day!
Brad
Mike!
The new improved (lighter) Jim S.
Still always has something to say......"Eat Less!"
 
This is a screen shot of the City of Stevenson "Web Cam" site.  I was sitting on the beach after sailing with my laptop.  If you look closely you can see Kent and Andreas waving at the Camera.  I don't know if we will be sailing there again, but if we do, you can watch us live on the site - very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment